Financial | Development | Operations
As with any expanding franchise system, we have thousands of people interested in buying a franchise. To measure a candidate's qualifications, we have established the following requirements:
- Required liquid assets: Minimum of $750,000 per restaurant. Required net worth per restaurant of $1.5 million.
- The minimum Area Development requirement for new franchisee is two restaurants.
- Therefore the minimum unencumbered liquid assets required are $1,500,000 and net worth of $3,000,000.
- The Operator is an equity partner of at least 5%.
- No more than 80% of the start-up costs be leveraged; 20% of any single store's start-up costs must be in liquid assets.
- Freestanding pad-site locations, on hard corner
- End caps
- 4,000 - 7,000 sq. ft., 120 parking places
- Excellent signage and visibility
- Excellent site ingress and egress with traffic signal
- Seven-day-per-week liquor sales
- Minimum 40,000 population, 80% or greater between the ages of 20 and 50 within the trade area, $30,000 or greater median household income within the trade area
- Minimum daytime/lunch population of 10,000
- Lifestyle or power centers with "big box" anchors: Old Navy, Petsmart, Kohl's, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.
- National casual dining brands in a contiguous restaurant corridor
- Super Wal-Mart, Super Target
- Regional, super-regional malls
- Colleges, universities
- Healthcare corridors
- Movie Theaters (Stadium Seating - First Runs)
- Minimum daily traffic count in front of site - 25,000
- Minimum daily traffic count on adjacent side street - 10,000
- P.M. traffic side, far side of light
We do not guarantee leases for franchisees, nor do we negotiate your lease.
Each franchise group must have a person with multi-unit restaurant management experience with alcohol. If you do not personally have this background and experience, you will be required to have what we call an "Operating Partner." Your Operating Partner will be responsible for operations of your franchised restaurant network. It is your responsibility to secure an Operating Partner if you do not have the substantive experience required.
Each franchise restaurant location must at all times have a full-time, qualified, experienced General Manager (GM). The GM must have direct experience in unit-level management in the casual dining environment that included alcohol.